#1: Internet is a MUST.
This is so hard trying to live without internet! I feel cut off from the world and it's even worse because I'm in a class that's mostly online so I need access! Hopefully I will get my internet hooked up this week, if I can just find the time.
#2: DON'T answer the phone after you've been called off from work! Or, look at the caller ID before you answer!
I asked to be off work today because I've been working like a dog and haven't been able to take a break to breathe, set up my apt. or get my homework done, including a paper I have due tomorrow. Fortunately, the night charge nurse called me at 5 AM and let me know that I would be called off today. I stayed up long enough to take care of my SAU nursing student so he would have a person to be with today since I was not around and then fell back to sleep. At 6:35, said nursing student calls me to let me know he'll be late, he hasn't even left yet and he's supposed to be there at 6:30. Hmmm... great for SAU's reputation. I explain the situation to him and go back to sleep. At 7:33, my phone rings again. In my sleepy stupor, I don't pay attention and answer, thinking that it's Nathan calling because he can't figure out who he's supposed to be working with. NO, it's 1 North, the floor downstairs calling me to come in to work, "we're short a nurse, the director said you need to come in." I was livid. Don't ask a tired nurse/student with a paper due tomorrow who's been on and off the phone for several hours to come in 1 HOUR after her shift is supposed to be started (and I wouldn't get there until 9, when I'm supposed to be halfway thru passing meds) and take a brand new section of patients, because you know the other nurses won't do anything to get things started. I called my floor, got the number for the big poomba herself and called her at home on Memorial Day. After a discussion she let me off work. It is a real no-no to call somebody in to work after they've been called off, you are not obligated to come in because for all they know you've gone on with your life for the day. (Now, being put on call would have been a different matter.) I should never have answered the phone, I should have looked at the caller ID. What's infuriating is that 1 North didn't catch this problem until 7:30! I was stomping around my house cussing I was so mad. And then, after she told me I could stay at home, I was still so mad I went out for a walk, all the way to Kari's house to check my e-mail and write this blog.
#3 Food is important
I suppose I should say I started learning this 2 weeks ago in England when we weren't eating much and certainly not the most healthfully. But in the last week, I don't think I've had a solid, extremely nutritious meal the entire time. Except maybe when I was at the Heilmans. This camping out stuff stinks, which is probably why I should walk back home and start crackin' so I'll have a place to make food.
1 comment:
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Post a Comment