Sunday, March 26, 2006

Some thoughts on making decisions

Since I'm in that stage of life where major decisions are being made, (and I'm sure most of you reading this are too) I thought I'd share some things I have been reading from Oswald Chamber's book My Utmost for His Highest. It's a great short daily devotional book with really meaty things to think about, so thoughtfully put.

"When you have a right-standing relationship with God, you have a life of freedom, liberty, and delight; you are God's will. And all of your commonsense decisions are actually His will for you, unless you sense a feeling of restraint brought on by a check in your spirit. You are free to make decisions in the light of a perfect and delightful friendship with God, knowing that if your decisions are wrong He will lovingly produce that sense of restraint. Once he does, you must stop immediately."

"God has to hide from us what He does, until, due to the growth of our personal character, we get to the level where He is then able to reveal it."

"I know when the instructions have come from God because of their quiet persistence. But when I begin to weigh the pros and cons, and doubt and debate enter into my mind, I am bringing in an element that is not of God. This will only result in my concluding that His instructions to me were not right."

No comments: