| How You Life Your Life |
![]() You seem to be straight forward, but you keep a lot inside. You're laid back and chill, but sometimes you care too much about what others think. You tend to have one best friend you hang with, as opposed to many aquaintences. You tend to dream big, but you worry that your dreams aren't attainable. |
Well, my fears about that education thing were well founded. I went in and had a meeting with the powers that be and they want to actually put a plan in place to launch a patient education program before we start bringing people into the position. So I'm back on the schedule normally but at least they know I'm interested in such a position and if one ever came available they might still want me to do it. I feel relieved. I also spent most of that day explaining what I did for four patients, basically so they could make sure that at least nursing did the right thing. I've been in between doctors who weren't doing the right things for their patients a bit in the last few days. At least two of the situations will probably go to big hospital committees and one is being looked at by risk management. One of the patients died the day after I had her which was very disconcerting. But I was told that I did the right thing in all situations, I learned how to chart a little better, this education thing has taught me about how to deal with hospital management and people skills in general.
Yesterday I did clinicals with an FNP friend of mine... Wow, is she smart! She knows so much. Do I really want to put my brain through that? So much of it is about experience, experience that I don't have. I feel so young and inadequate to be making primary care decisions. I still really feel like the educator track is where I'm supposed to be so we'll see what happens with the road I'm on. Maybe I'll do both but I really don't want to be in school forever.
Carrie comes home today, that's so exciting! I think today will be a good quiet day to just relax and be outside. I've done a lot this week and been through a lot of sorting through things. But I've come out on the other side feeling relatively content with the situation I find myself in and a little more settled about the life I lead.

No comments:
Post a Comment