
Ready for the first pitch.
The mascot at home plate is a purple triceratops.



View from our seats

My fantasy player Ian Stewart up to bat. I love the Rockies scoreboard! Lots of great information. Their batting averages change each at bat and eventually it even shows what each batter did in previous innings of the game.

Since I didn't have any other baseball gear (besides my NW Arkansas Naturals shirt and who wants to be from Arkansas in Denver) - I wore my Red Sox shirt and hat. I didn't think about the fact that the Sox put the Rockies out of the playoffs in 2007. I got a couple of comments like... "Why would you wear Red Sox stuff to a Rockies game?" and "Hey, lets kick this Red Sox fan out of here!" but there were also several closeted Sox fans who gave me the "Go Sox!" fist pump, albeit, quietly.

Early in the game - bases loaded for the Rockies

and two runs score!

"The Rock Pile" - our section started a wave that went around the stadium four consecutive times! I also heard one of the Rockies signature calls - they finish off one of those clapping sequences by yelling TULO! when Tulowitski is up to bat.

The outfield fountains and the bullpens are really pretty.

(Click to enlarge)
I learned how to make new files with multiple pictures on Photoshop this week. Although this isn't perfect and its too small to see really well... I'd say its ok for a first effort. Now you have a fish eye like view from our seats!

Tara & Erik had been waiting all weekend for this. I wish you could see how long the hotdogs really were! We went through lots of water sitting in the summer-like sun. Its nice that the Rockies let you bring in unopened beverages and food!

7th inning stretch

Game over - Rockies win!

Time to go home...

And Monday morning it was time for me to fly home.
Here's to 13 years of friendship and many more!
The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends. ~Gwyneth PaltrowA good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse
No comments:
Post a Comment