All of those things are a recipe for a good weekend (well, except for the 200 mile part). I've been feeling a little low on my Carrie quota lately so I took a spur of the moment trip to Highland for the weekend.
Carrie, the birdwhisperer, talking to a white-throated sparrow on our Sabbath afternoon walk.
So the real reason I went was to help her paint her living room. (Since when did we get to be old enough to be picking colors to paint rooms in faculty houses?) Here is pre-chemicially-induced headache Carrie eyeing the primer.
We took a break for some graffiti...
Post primer at 12:30 AM
Mostly done with the paint the next morning. We felt a little like we were swimming in an acquarium.We made pizza for lunch, Carrie changed my headlight in the freezing cold, and we took some time for a few self-portraits as test shots for the Christmas banquet pictures in the gym. Then I was on my way back to Chattanooga for one last project and a week and a half until break!
8 comments:
tomorrow i will blame all my mistakes/brain farts on paint fumes!
Well since it looks like you (carrie) were about to eat it.
it's actually about 175 miles each direction
The walls look blue on Jaclyns blog and white on yours, inquiring minds want to know!
So Jaclyn painted in exchange for getting her headlight changed?
I recognize the dropclothe don't I? YOu girls certainly know how to have fun. I like the grafetti. You should have left it there!
I got a kick out of Carrie's first comment here. That's a new term - brain fart!?! How entertaining... and graphic! And I think the grafitti shoulda' stayed too. I love it.
can i hire you guys to come paint my house when i actually have one in ten years? :)
Looks like you guys had fun! I can't wait to see ya'll again here at my home!
Can you bring some "Prime stakes" by worthinton in addition to the gravy please?
Thanks!! Karen
Post a Comment