Thursday, November 16, 2006
Winter doldrums
I think I've realized why we pile our holidays in the winter, because we need something to cheer us up. Every year about now I get worn out and impatient and generally in a not-so-good mood. The patients at work get older and sicker, the staff start getting sick and calling in to work which makes us all work harder. The days are so short that when I work I don't see the sun for 2 whole days sometimes. You don't realize how depressing that is until it happens to you... The end of semester assignments start piling up and everybody is tired. I just don't care about anything, the bottom line for this time of year is: I just want to go HOME! I'm giving thanks Thanksgiving break is only 6 days away... and I'm almost ready to bust out the Christmas music a week early, Carrie has.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Would this be an example of seasonal affective disorder? :)
Think of all the photo possibilities that occur this time of year just because of what you mentioned: night shots, lights, low key photos without all the overpowering highlights, etc.
I'd like to appologize for the above post, unless of course it makes sense to you, which I kind of doubt.
It's called "I'm sick of sick people!" otherwise known as the "cold & flu season". If the patients aren't sick, staff are. So we are working short staffed and stuffed up oursleves, with more patients than usual. Am I right?
It's dark when you go to work. Darker when you go home. I have found even just sitting in my car at lunch and opening the sunroof can help some. I'm usually too pooped to "walk" at lunch time. I need to sit.
I think the holidays add to the stress of winter, even though you have a day off here and there, I usually work harder at home than I do at work. Although I really do enjoy seeing everybody and the traditions. I planned my menu for next week 3 weeks ago.
As a healthcare worker you never get all the holidays off, unlike some of these spoiled rotten teacher people. With my brothers both in healthcare, getting our crew to coordinate a holiday is a major ordeal.
OK I've ranted enough. Hope you and Steph are coming by the house Wednesday. Don't know if I will see you, tho. Depends on how early you come. Gotta work that day.
Come to daddy, mumzie and me a waitin' fer ye!
If I had eight thumbs I'd put them all up. except one down for the christmas music...
Happy Thanksgiving, Jaclyn!
We're off to eastern Washington to spend the holiday with Gary's family. Laura is already over there at WWC. She is working over
Thanksgiving break so she stayed there in her off-campus apartment.
Post some photos on your blog of VegeTurkey day, k?
funny how the days here are longer (sun doesn't go down till 8:30 now) and it's getting warmer. hence, i'm having trouble getting into the thanksgiving/christmas spirit, though erik and i are determined to do our darndest to cook a turkey on friday.... :)
Post a Comment