Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The travelers gather


Carrie and Ryan got to Collegedale from Nashville and Mt. Vernon respectively just in time for Hollie, Carrie, and I to have a little Girl's Night Out consisting of Olive Garden and shopping! (Carrie has a picture on her camera.) Then we met Ryan at the airport to drop off his rental car and headed to the Heilmans where Ryan and Stephanie joined us before we all head out for Thanksgiving trips tomorrow morning. (Can you keep the Ryan's straight?) It's so nice to have the "family" all there, the driveway looked like a car lot again!

Ryan gets his first food since breakfast

There's nothing like a mom-cooked meal even if its leftovers! We decided he definitely wins the longest drive contest: Ohio to Collegedale to Zephyrhills, FL. Carrie seconds with Nashville to Collegedale to Winston-Salem. Stephanie and I third with Collegedale to Raleigh and Ryan (Knight that is) loses with Alabama. (I secretly wish I was losing too, I do NOT want to sit in a car for 8+ hours tomorrow, however, I haven't been home since early June so nothing can keep me from my big bed and mom's cooking.)

In other news, I had really good days at work the last two days. It makes a big difference in how you feel when you get home. My patients were so sweet and easy to take care of, I could have cheerfully taken care of them for a week. Schoolwise, apparently my procrastination isn't paying off because I checked my grade in Pathophysiology today and I have a totally undeserved or superbly well-planned procrastinated A-. I suppose it helped that the last test was on the heart, my specialty. But before I crow too much, my super huge project isn't finished that is due next Tuesday. Oh well, it will get done somehow... all that matters is that I'm homeward bound.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments: