Saturday, August 5, 2006

Sigh...

I don't know when I've ever looked forward to a weekend with more anticipation. I've even been losing sleep over it which I hardly ever do.

It's kind of interesting that I should have written that last post because the last day of the conference we graduate students got involved in teaching the teachers how to use technology. I whipped out my thumb drive with my power point from Tech & Ed this summer and was demonstrating to all the people I'd been feeling so young with. I suppose there are some advantages to being young and to taking summer classes with a horrible amount of homework. ;-)

We got back at midnight on Wed. night and I was welcomed by a parking ticket on my car in the VM parking lot. SAU thinks I still live in SV but either way, I wasn't going to walk anywhere with my stuff at 12 AM. So now I have to deal with appealing that. Ryan beat me on the late night trip though. He got back after 3 AM from home in Charlotte. We were both thankful he didn't get put on a case during jury duty.

Thursday & Friday I worked. Needless to say, I stopped at the VM on the way and got a Mello Yellow. That's rare for me. I drank half of it the first morning and half the second. I've had so much on my mind with my parents coming and Stephanie going to live with me for 2 weeks and Ryan being back that I've just felt crazy the last two days. Plus I've been orienting Emily, a new grad RN that I did clinical for in her nursing program. She's really learning a lot and I'm enjoying teaching her how to be a good nurse. (Plus it's nice that I can just guide her and not do the work myself ;-) It's a little scary that I'm teaching someone how to do this when I've only done it for two years!

So last night we had a HUGE storm and when my parents got here my power was out... How wonderful... Luckily my mom found the candles and matches easily. We ended up staying over at the Heilmans last night and here I sit at their computer writing this. Somehow no matter how much you think about something it never quite turns out the way you expected. I was so tired last night I could hardly keep my eyes open. But it's like the peace after the flurry of this week. My parents & Stephanie are here, Ryan is back, I have 6 days off, it's Sabbath, and my birthday is next week. What more could I ask for? Remind me start going to bed at a decent hour and stop being super Jaclyn for a few days...

1 comment:

MJ said...

It was fun having you here last night, even it was by accident, not by design. Tonight I'm at the computer updating the blog after "everybody else" here is in bed - that nap was too long for my own good. . .(1:30 a.m. Sun.) It was fun partying with you guys tonight. See ya later this week.