Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sitting very still while I wait for the medicine to kick in


Carrie's here visiting for the weekend since her parents are coming down to help bring Grant back to Southern this weekend.







Amy and Jeremy came down for a surprise visit too!








For any of you that know Carrie, this is pretty much torture for her... but she did start it (with some help from Jeremy). I was quietly resting on the floor...



Apparently this is the weekend for injuries for me. I burnt my hand on Friday night cooking. Then when we went to Ocoee for the afternoon I slipped on a pointy rock in the first 5 minutes and fell directly on my hip and ribs. It's a very strange feeling to have the wind knocked out of you only on one side. This morning I have an evolving bruise on my hip and my rib cage feels like somebody is tightening it with a wrench. But luckily ibuprofen helps quite nicely. I can definitely tell when it's in my system. Last night I woke up every time I moved in bed though.




Surveying the damage... it's much more colorful this morning...


Stephanie, please do not knock me over because I don't think I could get back up...


Carrie and Randy catching crayfish. Carrie got a yellow jacket sting too. Mary Jane also took a fall right as we were leaving. Apparently Ocoee isn't a good place to go if you don't want to get hurt.


The selected self portrait of the weekend.



We played a variation of Rook called... well, apparently you can call it about 6 different things... I'm sure the others had about as much fun watching me try not to laugh at them while holding my side as they did laughing at the 500 funny things that happened while we played the game.

8 comments:

vjk said...

Ooch! Glad you are going to be OK. We have a family blog now too, thanks to Ryan helping me. There are some pictures of Ryan you might enjoy seeing from our vacations to the lake and beach. I enjoy seeing what you & Ryan are up too.

Valeri
Knightwriter55@blogspot.com

MJ said...

Great pictures, Jaclyn. It was fun having you guys with us Sabbath. Sorry we had to miss the Rook game Sat. night. I hope you won't be too miserable at work tomorrow. Have a great week. May our next Sabbath together be less eventful! I think we're better off on the boat and floating on Sabbath than rock hopping at Ocoee.

whisperer said...

Hi, It was nice to see you and Stephanie. Thanks for helping with Grant's stuff. Its always fun to see you guys.

Hope your injuries heal up ok. You may need a T shirt that says "I am scared, I'm the patient!" Not very amusing is it. Oh well, we try.

take care,
Cheri

whisperer said...

Oh one more thing Jaclyn RE the pic of you tickling Carrie. Did you know you can make her pee her pants? Maybe I shouldn't post that on a public forum. Just thought you could use some ammo.

Cheri

Carrie said...

Oh yeah, mom, well you would probably pee your pants too if we tickled you. You'd better watch out!!!

whisperer said...

Tickling the Whisperer is not a safe activity. Some one WILL be hurt! (probably me)

Anonymous said...

can i come play? you guys look like you are having so much fun. :) i'm glad you can post so many pictures... my internet is too scarce or too slow. :) love ya! have a great week!
tara

golftooter said...

make sure you guys are far away from walls if you try to tickle Cheri, or I will have to patch the drywall when you fly through it.

Next time you go to Ocoee, be sure to warn the medevac helicopter and 911. Seems to be a dangerous place.