I think this is my motto lately this summer. I'm working in big chunks and then taking chunks of time off and doing something fun. It's kinda nice that I've gotten comfortable enough with work that I can stay up a little later the night before I go, sleep thru the night (I used to wake up a lot), and be ok at work the next day. This week is a prime example of how I have taken advantage of this fact.
Wednesday night after work I played Monopoly with 3 guys on the table moved to the center of my living room. I will happily say that I beat them all with my 6 hotels despite the fact that somebody kept accurately predicting his rolls too many times.
Thursday I went to the hospital for a class in the morning. ACLS, you have to get certified every 2 years. They give you scenarios like "You find a person who isn't breathing and has no pulse, what will you do." So you say, (this is the short undetailed answer) I would start CPR, hook them up to the defibrillator, shock 'em if indicated at 200 J. They say "doesn't work." So you say, I'd give them Epinephrine 1 mg followed by bla bla bla... They say "doesn't work." So then you proceed to say what other 49 drugs you'd give them with the correct dosages to which they reply "still no pulse" at which point you say THEY ARE DEAD. And they "Very good!" Hmmm... Luckily you get to use your handy dandy handbook to look up a lot of questions that you don't know. Our class got shortened however because the hospital was put on a code orange (internal disaster) because EPB blew up a huge transformer. Parts of the hospital only had emergency lighting and most of the hospital had NO AC. On a 90+ degree day that was horrific. We had to clear out of the conference rooms because the media was coming in for a press conference to grill them about what they were going to do about it. I left all my coworkers in the sauna and went home to go out on the boat with the Heilmans (see MJ's blog for some pics) and then to a Lookouts ballgame with Ryan Heilman, Ryan Knight, John, and Hollie. Ryan and Ryan got to race to put on frozen T-shirts while standing on the dugout (maybe Ryan H. will put some pictures on his blog!). We moved seats about 4 times, sometimes to dodge the rain, and ended up behind home plate where all the hard core baseball people sit.
Friday I worked again and today I did the usual Sabbath activities of playing for Sabbath School, church, eating with the Heilmans, and taking an afternoon nap. Now it's 3 more days of work with some boating in between and Carrie is coming down for Ryan H's last weekend in Collegedale. :-(
1 comment:
". . . Ryan's last weekend in Collegedale. . ." Don't remind me, please! I hope time stands still this next week.
Post a Comment