This weekend Ryan, Carrie, Ryan, Mary Jane, Randy, and I took a trip to Cumberland Falls State Park in Kentucky. Be sure to check Carrie's and MJ's blogs for pics too! Despite the extra long trip there (thanks to my being cursed by an unexplainable attraction for 81 for no apparent reason), the mishap of the not-so-missing tent poles, and the frigid weather, we're back home safe and sound. I've decided that mummy bags and crocs are a campers best friend!

The temperature was 36 degrees according to Ryan H's car and boy did we feel it. Fires were the order of the weekend. Fortunately we found lots of firewood and the bathrooms were heated and equipped with hand... er... hair dryers that Randy found most useful.



(Check out the huge log in our fire above!)
Although our campsite was really rocky, Carrie and I found a nice soft site right on the edge of a cliff which was actually taller than it looks.
On Sabbath we took a hike to Cumberland Falls...
(where the Ryans had fun skipping rocks)
and Eagle Falls.
I think we all had trouble sleeping due to the cold (and rocks, except those of you who brought air mattresses) but Ryan definitely had the hardest go of it. He slept maybe 4 hours over both nights which made him susceptible to dozing in strange places...
Fortunately, he did fall asleep at the campground for about 20 minutes. Maybe he was also tired out from being the firemaster and building multiple fires all weekend.
Taking down to go home...

7 comments:
you guys are going to have cute kids :)
I think I have a solution to the name problem. One can be called Canada the other Alabama.
mom
That is a really good picture of Randy
Yes, it is a grrreat picture of Randy - what a handsome dude! Thanks for making it such a fun weekend, in spite of the arctic-like temperatures.
The name solution is a great one!
Looks like you had the most awesome campsite, minus rocks of course. :-) I just can't get over how cute you & Ryan are! I second "the other Tara's" comment above! ;-)
Nice Jaclyn, I like the pictures of Ryan taking all his naps! He was working hard, both mornings I woke up to a dull axe grinding against yet another tree Ryan was chopping down!! What a great weekend, definitely one of my favorite ever.
Ryan
Yeah Ryan K falls asleep in strange places, like your lap. LOL. I can't believe you guys slept so close to that cliff the way Carrie walks in her sleep! Its a good thing we didn't know about that ahead of time. She said she was fine in her mummy bag-she said she had a rope tied to your ankle. Glad you guys had a nice time. Next time I think we should take all the parents oooooooh! I can see it now.....did you know cats like to campo too!
Post a Comment