Sunday, January 16, 2011

Testing ISO: Part 2

I purposely shot in high ISOs at the aquarium to see what it would look like. Granted, there are some other mediating factors, like glass in the way, slow shutter speeds, but overall, its nice to know that if I had to I could get a somewhat decent picture of something in a very dark environment without flash. I'm pretty impressed with the results.


 f5.6 1/250s ISO 3200

 f5.6 1/25s ISO 3200
The high ISO shows up the worst on smooth surfaces like the side of this shark

 f5.6 1/6s ISO 3200
The aquarium was packed with teachers and families who got in free

 f5.6 1/40s ISO 3200

 f5.6 1/25s ISO 1600

 f3.5 1/60s ISO 800 with flash
The otters were almost in the dark when we got there

 f3.5 1/50s ISO 3200
Turtle trying to get to treats

f4.0 1/50s ISO 3200
 Porcupine fish

f3.5 1/40s ISO3200
Stephanie petting sturgeons

f3.8 1/15s ISO 1600
 
 One very massive fish

f3.5 1/50s ISO 1600

f3.0 1/13s ISO 2500
Very strange long necked turtles

f3.8 1/100s ISO 2500

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent stuff! You have entered the next level of photography. Great color, clarity, at mega ISO! So happy for you! Love, Dad