Saturday, April 12, 2008

God still moves trees

Yesterday Ryan and I packed my car full of stuff to come home, said a prayer for safety, pulled out of my driveway, and turned to the right. Little did we know our prayer would be answered almost immediately. All of a sudden we heard, CRACK CRACK CRACK! and Ryan said "Jaclyn, STOP!" so I hit my brakes and a gigantic tree from my front yard fell down right in front of my car. If we had been a few feet farther down the road the top of it would have come down on us. Or if the wind had blown it the other direction it would have been completely on top of my house. Needless to say, I was a little shaken up and very thankful that my guardian angel did some weight training today.


Ryan's on the phone with the power company - the tree knocked out power for a good portion of Collegedale

My front yard, see how close this thing was to my HOUSE!

It was rotten at the core...


We got stopped right before that green mailbox. My house is behind Ryan standing on the hill.

2 comments:

Surfs Up said...

I'm sure glad Ryan suggested you guys pray before you left! That is a huge tree!

Erik and Tara said...

oh my goodness! that's crazy. good thing you've got angels... i'm glad you and your car and your house are ok!