Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rendezvous

Carrie and I couldn't pass up the opportunity that our close proximity afforded for an evening in Burlington at a baseball game. After all, what are the chances of ALL of us being in NC at the same time anytime soon?
Even though the baseball left a lot to be desired (as did the weather, Carrie's got a great lightning picture on her blog) we managed to have a fine time talking, throwing baseballs around (even into the back of the dugout), making massage trains, taking pictures, and catching wildlife. I can't remember when I've had more fun in an evening.


Stephanie's back home from camp!


Since you can't catch a ball sitting under the roof, Carrie stores the glove on her head.

Coming in from a grand slam... I'm not quite sure how they won this game. If we could have found Carrie a uniform she could have knocked out the short stop during the 2 hour rain delay and helped them immensely. I don't think anybody would have noticed, the whole affair had the air of a hometown baseball game with kids running through the gates into the dugout during the rain delay and players who stood out in the rain playing random games with baseballs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh . . . what's a "massage train?"

Carrie said...

see carrieiverson.blogspot.com for the definition of "massage train"

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun! we are doing own version of nz baseball and going to see rugby tonight! it's the BIGGEST Game here: the all blacks vs. australia. (they hate each other) and the last game before the big play offs. i can't wait to see u :)