Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Junaluska Chronicles

Somehow I've still been able to make the yearly trek to Lake Junaluska for Carolina Campmeeting. This is my 15th year! Carrie got to share our house again. We met up in Knoxville by accident and drove the rest of the way together.


There couldn't be a nicer place to have campmeeting. Not only is it beautiful but most people stay on campus so you never know who you're going to bump into. Academy buddies, MPA faculty, old church members, conference office people, old bosses, people you know from all over that you didn't think would be at campmeeting. Of course, this becomes a problem when you want to get somewhere on time and you must stop and talk for 20 minutes to Mrs. So-and-so who was your Sabbath school teacher eons ago. Mom, Carrie, and I walked around the lake on Friday morning and happened to meet Stanley (Ryan's dad) on his way around the 5k.

There were two bad things about the long weekend:
#1 The Ryans were long distance
#2 I spent $130 on veggie food (at campmeeting discounts!)

But Tara came for a visit from New Zealand! 3 of the 5 bridesmaids were here to help put the wedding invitations together while watching James Bond escape a volcanic erruption.

Tara mentioned the fact that we've been friends for 10 years now. Scary isn't it? Perhaps its even more scary that 4 months from now Tara's gonna be married... This could quite possibly be the last 2 am all-in-one-bed girl talk ever.

It was nice to be with Mom and Dad too. Mom got to come up for the entire week!
(We didn't try to match for this picture, honest.)

Homeward bound (don't you LOVE the mountains!)
Carrie and I stopped in Knoxville attempting to see a movie but the theater didn't have what we wanted to see. So we shopped instead but my only purchase was a deck of Dutch Blitz cards. Sigh... Now its on to a very busy week with clinicals plus working at least 36 hours. I was at Memorial's ER today and got to see a patient get shocked for the first time. He woke up quite quickly but I think he was glad we did it!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

you are taking pictures while driving too!!! good grief you two. like Carrie like Jaclyn