Tuesday, September 26, 2006

random pictures from a random weekend

This weekend was probably one of the most relaxing and laid back in awhile. Maybe it's also because I wasn't exhausted since my week wasn't that crazy because I only worked two days and successfully procrastinated on some of my homework. Carrie and I decided at the last minute that she should come down for the weekend since nothing exciting was going on at Highland. As usual, you can look at MJ's blog or Carrie's blog for some other pics!

Sabbath morning Ryan, Tanya, and Stephanie joined us for breakfast.


After going to the Third for church, we came back and made lunch: chicken and rice casserole, rosemary potatos, and veggies. (The menu is for your benefit, Dad. ;-) Here's Ryan and I on clean-up.


Before Ryan had to work in the dorm, we took a trip to the Veteran's park for a quick game of catch. Unfortunately it started raining and we had to go back home. I'm trying not to fall off this guy's really hard, small lap.

On Sunday, Carrie, Tanya, Stephanie, and I went to Joylynn's house (my old boss in the President's office) for brunch. We FINALLY got there after going halfway to Shallowford because we weren't paying attention to our destination and getting stuck while a pulverized car was pulled out of a ditch. Here's Carrie with Joylynn's dog Kayde (I think that's how you spell it). She's part Akita and usually very fluffy.


Here's my newest addition to the living room art collection. Carrie drew the organ picture on the left during a vespers way back when we first came to Southern and she took the picture on the right after vespers one night when I was in photography class doing a project of self portraits. She matted them last time she was here and I picked out frames. This time we hung them up!

This week is going to be lots of working - M, W, Th. Fortunately, yesterday was an easy day so I'm not starting the week wiped out from working. Unfortunately, I'm having a really hard time getting my brain in gear to do my homework. I think it's decided to resist going to school any longer. It's telling me: "You've gone to school for 17 years, I'm THRU!" (Wow, that's depressing...) My symptoms are: not getting homework I don't like done until the last possible second and getting frustrated with assignments I think are unnecessary. Maybe this is partially because I'm going into education and I don't always agree with my teacher's poor instructions on assignments or teaching methods. Whatever it is, I'm gonna have to fix it... soon...

In other news, last night I got to the last 5 minutes of Ryan's 2nd softball game, just in time to see him hit a homerun over the left field fence! They won both games, too bad I can't leave work at 5 instead of 7ish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Yea, homework can get old. Sleep of the just. . . .

whisperer said...

no thats the Carrie we all know and love with a donut stuck in her mouth, and then again with the dog. Why are you and Ryan sitting on that poor old man? He looks like he can hardly hold himself up.

Anonymous said...

can i come play? i'm having a great time here, but time with grandpa is getting old... i need some girl time! :)