Saturday, March 7, 2009

(First) Spring break

Stephanie came to spend a week of her spring break with us!

You can see our new picture (on the wall behind Ryan) found on sale at Kirklands. We finally got to play Settlers one night when Ryan got home a little earlier than usual. It was great - even though I lost. I had no chance as you can see - Ryan was blue and Stephanie was red. When a 5 was rolled they cleaned out the bank! I think Ryan won but Stephanie would have won on her next turn. I had only 7 points... only because I had the largest army.

Then, since painting is always so much more fun when there are 2 people instead of one, Stephanie and I went and raided the maintenance paint closet and enjoyed two days of painting. Day 1 we did the baseboards and doors in the main living area and then the next day we tackled the maroon walls in the master bathroom. It took 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of dover white to finish it! Toby had to stay outside for most of the adventure. He acted like he didn't like it but he certainly had fun watching the cows and chasing moles and his tail. He did, however, love the drop cloth. He took naps on it and sat on it whenever he had the chance. This picture is his best "I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be on this or not" look.





Very ready for the last coat to be over!

We dog sat for the Rectors (English teacher that lives next door) overnight this weekend. They think Buddy is a schnauzer/poodle (so what is that called?) and he's getting up in years. Toby wanted to play play play and Buddy wasn't so sure. But when Toby eventually calmed down they got along quite well.

"I'm just too old for the antics of this weird little Toby dog. This nice man is much better."

2 comments:

MJ said...

You guys have gone to the dogs! Can't wait to meet Toby.

Carrie said...

a schnoodle