Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ozark goes to Oz & the Valentine's Masquerade

On Saturday night we went down to watch the Senior class' 2nd production of the musical Wizard of Oz. I was amazed at their acting, singing, costumes and backdrops - so I thought I'd put up a few pictures. These pictures are from the Ozark website (courtesy of Mr. Fisher probably) from their 1st production 2 weeks ago.

Winston, Sam, and Vinny as munchkins

"We're off to see the Wizard!"


The Tin Man - (Min Su Kim, who is really Japanese, but did a great Tin Man) - and the Wizard. The Wizard's hot air balloon said "Senior Trip or Bust" on it.

Then today was the Valentines banquet. Ryan helped them set up the gym this morning. It was a masquerade theme. They made chandeliers to hang from the ceiling. The floor was covered with a massive tarp to protect it.



Ryan sang Oh My Darlin' Clementine as 1st Tenor with a faculty quartet.
L to R: Leandro Bizama (music teacher), Ryan, Charlie Barber (VP and history/social sciences), & Kevin ? (taskforce chaplain and Ozark alumnus)
There was a part in the middle where they went into a minor key when Clementine dies and they all turned around and acted like they were crying. It was quite funny! I tried to take a video of it on my camera but it didn't work out.

And Toby's reaction to the weekend?
"Please say you're not going to leave me here alone again!"

No comments: