Saturday, January 31, 2009

Toby comes home

While I was out getting my driver's license on Monday - I passed by the animal shelter. I had started looking for a white highland puppy but the doors just didn't seem to opening easily, if you know what I mean. So I had prayed about it and felt like I should at least go look at the animal shelter. And here's what I found: a little stray terrier mix dog. The animal control officer told me he was under two and he seemed very sweet so I asked Ryan if we could bring him home to foster for 2 days and see how things went. Long story short - he's home to stay and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect little dog to share our lives. We named him Toby - somehow we've found ourselves calling him Mr. Tob too. Ryan wanted to call him Gramps cause of his brindled coloring. (He's sleeping on the carpet right behind me as I type this. How sweet!)

Looking pretty bedraggled and quite nervous on the 1st day. He piddled (as Ryan's Gramma says) every time we reached down to pet him. Every time either of us left the room he cried though. He also wouldn't eat for over a day until I fed him out of my hand.

All wet but much cleaner after a nice warm bath!

This is his favorite position which he assumes almost every time you pet him. He takes naps like this, lays next to you like this, and lays in my lap like this. He's a snuggler and will come get in my lap often.




Out on the prowl with Ryan

His other favorite position - right by our feet

Clean and happy!
(Sometime this week we'll get him a haircut)

We're so thankful God sent us this little bundle of love to share our home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's really cute. It would be hard to say what he is. I can see why you think there's terrier in there and I can see why someone would say poodle. He does look like he has a mustache. Can't wait to see him one day. Glad you are having fun with him. Mom

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him.

vk

Anonymous said...

He's even cuter than you described over the phone. I'm glad you found him.

whisperer said...

What a sweetie, he does look perfect! Can't wait to see the "haircut"

MJ said...

Yes, I can see how he weasled his way into your hearts!