Friday, March 23, 2007

Green thumb attempt

I love Sabbath. Because it means no matter how many 5000 things I should be doing, I can't do any of them. How wonderful that sounds! End-of-semester time makes me feel even crazier than usual and it makes little things like having a sister do your laundry, a boyfriend help with your dishes, and a patient's husband pay for your lunch mean so much.

Stephanie and I went to see Amazing Grace today. It's a great movie if you like things that are revolutionary time period, historical, moral, and surprisingly accurate from what I am now reading about it. The story is about William Wilberforce who was the MP in the House of Lords who worked on abolishing slavery. It took him from 1791 until 1807 to get a bill passed that abolished the slave trade. What a lesson in perseverance! Slavery was completely abolished in England one month after he died in 1833. Just think, we took another 20 years to do it here in America...

I also took some time out today to plant some Verbena. Since my back door area is covered with rocks and my front door is surrounded by tree stumps that make it hard to plant things, I've taken to pots. This might be good considering my skills anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"good on ya" girl. :) i planted a flower garden at erik's place before he'd barely moved in: i think it scared him. :) i have dhalias, petunias, zinnias, fushias, lavander, sage, basil, chives, and rosemary. it's so nice to have color! we're coming into fall now. i love springtime at home. fall here isn't too grand: not too many colors. anyway, hope you had a good weekend! love ya

Anonymous said...

They say that gardening is very therapeutic?? I need to get out and do the same. Mom