
Well, I thought I'd bested the winter illnesses this year. How upity of me. Last weekend I started getting a little drainage down my throat progressing to a very sore throat. Eventually I was getting so worn out I had to take naps all the time. That was really frustrating because I went to DEEP last weekend, a diversity and leadership retreat for SAU and Oakwood College students, 50 of us all together. All the big mucky-mucks from each school were there, including the President of the Southern Union. I got to meet a lot of new people and do lots of fun things but I didn't get to participate as much as I would have liked, getting the beginnings of the worst sinus infectious illness of my life. I hope my OC roommate isn't sick... The leadership retreat was the kind of thing that would have made my college experience more like academy for me; getting together with other leaders, kids who are really excited about doing stuff for their church. Nursing sorta keeps you from getting involved.
So when I got back, I began several days of getting out of bed, blowing my nose 500 times, going back to bed and sleeping half the day away. I never knew such colorful substances could come out of your nose and eyes in such superfluous quantities. Waking up with your eyes all gooped up has to be the worst sick experience ever. Yesterday was the first day I didn't take a nap in almost a week. I've missed two days of work, but I made myself go to classes because they only meet once a week.
So my lesson for this week has been: Just when you think that there's no possible way you could make it if you got sick... you wouldn't have enough sick days to still go on vacation in May, you couldn't get your homework done, your life might fall apart if you died to the world for a week... You just get sick and everything doesn't matter because you can't think about it. And you wake up 5 days later and realize that it all works out in the end and actually, God probably helped you get sick at this specific time because it fit into your schedule just a bit better right here. Ironic isn't it?
1 comment:
i'ms o sorry! though i LOVED reading your descriptions.... ;) that inner artist/writer is still there!
Post a Comment