Friday, November 25, 2005

Succumbing to the Peer Pressure

In the relaxation of Thanksgiving while looking at all of my friends' blogs, I've decided I might as well try making one myself as something to do, even if I never do anything with it later on.

I got home late Wed. night after a long few days; working two especially busy 12 hour shifts and then having a very full day of classes, including a master organ class with an organist from Germany and my own personal lesson. By the time we got in the car I was so wired from running around that I wasn't sleepy. However, Knoxville traffic came right when the activity started to wear off. Carrie took over driving when I got sleepy and then my sister drove after we dropped Carrie off. Its been awhile since I got to sit in the passenger seat.

Since we've been home my mom has been working so Stephanie and I have been doing a lot of the cooking and entertaining my dad. Today is our real Thanksgiving since Mom is off work. Everybody is in the kitchen right now, which is probably where I should be. Dad taking 5000 pictures, Mom cooking and making random comments about everything, Stephanie probably just sitting and listening, helping here and there. But I feel more like quietly typing about my life as a homeless college student who comes to this house way over in Raleigh, NC for random holidays to get what some people might call "rest."

With graduation less than a month away its strange to think that I could pick myself up and decide I wanted to move to Nevada and start my life there. Being a nurse would make that possible but desirable? I guess its just nice to know that you CAN do that even if you don't.

So many things about the next year of my life are up in the air. Where will I be a year from now? Who will I be with? Its a little scary to think about but I'm becoming far more comfortable with the thought of uncertainty and even a little intrigued by it. A life without surprises would be totally boring, wouldn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heartily agree. I'm taking the other route and doing the thing, but that doesn't make it any less scary. I'm freaked! :) And don't worry my dear, God's got it all worked out, he just never lights the next step until we're just on top of it.